NAME: BABALOLA ABIODUN EMMANUEL
MATRICULATION NUMBER: GEO/12/3027
FACULTY: ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
HOBBIES: READING AND PLAYING FOOTBALL
STATE OF ORIGIN: OSUN
LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF ORIGIN: AYEDADE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- Departmental course representative biology department -2007/2008 – 2009/2010
- Contested and elected honourable at SUG level, EACOED -2008/2009
- The executive president, press council organization EACOED chapter -2009/2010
- The chairman, electoral committee for biology department EACOED -2009/2010
- P.R.O., electoral committee for geography department EACOED -2009/2010
- Member of the judiciary council ACE. Ondo -2014/2015
A manifesto speech delivered by Babalola Abiodun .E. an aspirant for the post of Public Relation Officer (P.R.O.) at SUG level, 2015/2016 academic session.
I have not come in the name of writers, activists, motivational speakers, models, philosophers or whatsoever neither have I come to thrill you with unrewarding words. I believe this is an intellectual gathering that stands not to be deceived or bamboozled. I have only come to present myself as an individual who is willing, capable and ready to serve our noble, honourable student union.
Coming to serve the union as the P.R.O. is neither an impromptu consideration nor a matter of compulsion. I strongly believe in myself that I have what it takes to serve in the capacity of the union as the P.R.O.
v Departmental course representative biology department 2007/2008 – 2009/2010
v Contested and elected honourable at SUG level, EACOED 2008/2009
v The executive president, press council organization EACOED chapter 2009/2010
v The chairman, electoral committee for biology department EACOED 2009/2010
v P.R.O., electoral committee for geography department EACOED 2009/2010
v Member of the judiciary council ACE. Ondo.
One of the practical obstacles to growth and development in our society is the lack of quality people. Most people do not appreciate revolution, evolution and innovation because they are mediocre. Consequently, the visionless political animals will continue to oppress us and we will keep smiling while suffering. However for our society to be operated surgically and be successful, the ball is in our court. Let us be sensitive, pragmatic and participate in every attempt towards the betterment of our future.
The anomalies in our society can be checked through adequate, timely, purposeful and objective orientation and information service which is embedded in the constitutional responsibilities of the P.R.O. as stated in Article 3, Section 4D, subsection i to vi of the revised edition of A.C.E. Ondo students’ Union constitution.
More importantly, my visions, dreams, aspirations go beyond the discharging of responsibilities only, these sets of visions are meant for the betterment of arbicans and its environs which are:
· Integration of arbico fm to frequency modulation station.
· Provision of scholarship
· Construction of notice board in all schools for proper and timely dissemination of information
· Giving room for feedback through provision of suggestion boxes in all schools
· Weekly provision of newspapers and production of magazines
· Organizing purposeful seminars, symposiums, debates, conferences, etc.
Apart from the aforementioned points, the following aspects of academics will be holistically looked into:
- Easy payment of school fees and registration
- Well structured school calendar
- Our administration will be the Voice for the voiceless Nigerian students.
our dreams, visions and aspirations are not questionable so also our political dispositions, characters, attitudes and achievements because all are God’s based and people oriented. Do not forget to excise your franchise by voting for the right man for the job. VOTE BABALOLA ABIODUN EMMANUEL a.k.a. IRAPADA.
Let me leave you with these words of wisdom by Babalola Abiodun Emmanuel that a just and egalitarian society can only be established by making the philosopher(s) the king.
LONG LIVE ARBICO LAND,
LONG LIVE ONDO-STATE,
LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ASCERTA, AMALA AWETU.