DEPARTMENT OF FRENCH LANGUAGE
The Department of French Adeyemi College of Education was established in 1964 with three pioneer academic staff namely: A.C. Collins, E.J. Evans and O.O. Adedeji.
At present, the department has a total of eleven academic staff comprising five Chief Lecturers, one Principal Lecturer, two Senior Lecturers, two Lecturer II and one Lecturer III. The Department has also two non teaching staffs.
The following are the programmes run in the department.
i. PRE-NCE / PRE-DEGREE Programme
ii. NCE programme
iii. Degree programme
iv. Diploma in French Proficiency
Since its inception the department has been producing sound professional teachers of French who are gainfully employed locally and internationally.
The Department of French Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo has produced some erudite scholars in the likes of:
· Prof. Aduke Adebayo - University of Ibadan,
· Prof. Tunde Ajiboye - University of Ilorin,
· Associate Prof. Arowolo - University of Ilorin.
The department has produced a few exceptional students with First Class Honours degree. Among them are:
- Dr. Yakubu Jimoh – now Chief Lecturer Department of French Federal College of Education, Osiele-Abeokuta.
- Dr. Ramonu Sanusi, Head of Department, European Studies University of Ibadan.
- Mr. Ogonmbomi Joel Akim.
Of the eleven academic staff of the department, six are ex-students of the department.